Saturday, February 21, 2009

Order dropped off


I was very grateful when a friend of a friend contacted me to order 3 dozen lumpia for a party she was attending. She ordered her traditional ground beef, my turkey shanghai, and Shrimp. Now I haven't actually made the shrimp prior, but I had an idea of what I wanted.

I sauteed the shrimp in olive oil and garlic, then added cabbage and carrot. I gotta say... quite tasty!

I delivered the lumpia and suqat (dipping sauce) yesterday, and I hope she's happy. I can't wait to hear.

On Monday, for a dinner party, I will be frying up banana/coconut/honey lumpia - done before, and turned out quite well. We're doing a chocolate fondue, so I think this will go over well.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lea, My mouth is watering! The Banana Coconut honey,ummm
    Can you ship,like to IN? Is there a minimum order? How do we cook them if ordered frozen?
    Approx what size are they, mainly length?
    Good luck with this new venture. It sounds like a delicious opportunity. Thanks, Barb Ariens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb! Thank you for viewing and commenting!

    I am exploring options on shipping perishables. I want to price out shipping with dry ice, or something like that. As soon as I figure it out, I will let you know.

    Minimum order is a dozen, and I include cooking instructions - the 2 options are to fry or bake.

    The lumpia are about 4" long, and about 2tbs of filling (aprox.)

    Take care, and I hope to see you soon! I'll let you know soon.

    ReplyDelete